Monday, May 20, 2013

Alum Caves 2006




***
Let's start this old picture phase with my family. These photos are from the Annual Fowler Family trip to North Carolina in 2006. North Carolina is my home away from home. I love it because it surrounds you with sweet southern comfort and amazing people aka my family, grandparents, and the occasional crazy cousins. I wouldn't have it any other way because those crazy cousins of mine have created some of the best trips up to the mountains. That is for another day though!



***
Look how awkward cute we look! This trip my parents decided to go on a hiking trip. We went to the Alum Caves.


***
From this album, these have to be my two favorite! Both of them describe my wittle Chunky to a T!
Growing up and I am pretty sure it's still pretty accurate today she HATED walking anywhere or even hiking. I remember us having to stop like every two minutes because she was "tired." Haha. She was so happy when we finally made it to the bottom because that meant she didn't have to walk anymore. 


*** 
This is us about half way up the trail. Us Floridians are very tender to higher elevations. 

                           

***
Dad told us that we needed to look like we were enjoying the hike, so we put on our best fake smiles ever! You're welcome dad!
                              

***
One last little gem before I head out. Another little fun fact I remember from this hike was that we saw these professional hikers and instead of drinking water like most people, they were drinking coke straight from the bottle. Champions I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment